BBQ Joe’s Vietnam
BBQ Joe’s Notes …
• I prefer smaller ribs “baby back” … but the Larger St. Louis Style cut are good too !
• I get my ribs from Meat Works in Thao Dien District 2
• Be sure to remove the inside skin from the ribs
• Wash the ribs. Pat dry with paper towel. Moist … then …
• Put the rub on generously. Let the ribs sit in the fridge overnight.
• Next morning, put out and let them warm to room temperature before putting on the grill.
|Grind together in a mixer bowl until the ingredients are well mixed.|
|Be sure to remove the inside skin from the ribs|
|Generaously apply the spice. Put in the fridge for several hours, preferably overnight.
Take the ribs out of the fridge and bring them to room temperature.
Indirect heat … lowest grill temperature
Pan of water in the middle … This adds moisture to the meat.
Hickory chips or Smoking pellets … adds clean smoke flavor to the meat.
|Use hickory chips or smoking pellets to add flavor to the meat. BBQ Joe's has smoking pellets|
|For those that have a single burner grill, you can with a double broiler pan … make sure you have water in the pan at all times …|
|Ribs in the Rack …
Indirect heat (like an oven).
|Hickory chips above the low fire .. adds “smokey flavor” …|
|Slow cooking. 2 hours.|
|Pull from grill and wrap in foil|
|Back on the grill … keep them cooking at lowest indirect setting|
|Finish the ribs ..
· Direct heat … medium to low temperature
· Turning every 3 minutes (be careful ... the rib will fall out of the rack!)
· After 6 minutes, add your favorite BBQ suace
Pull from grilll after 10 to 12 minutes
|Prepare for the Feast !|